After reading the blog of Just Another F-Bomb, I realized that there was way too much pressure to make resolutions on the first day of the new year. We have barely survived Thanksgiving and Christmas, stuffing our face with candies and cakes, blowing every cent we have on gifts that our friends and relatives will no doubt sell at the next yard sale. Suddenly we want to be less stressed, healthier and to save a dollar x #week for the next year.
I thought, maybe … maybe if we set a Mid-Year Resolution! June 1st, everyone starts brand new!
Then it occurred to me that I can’t remember what I had for breakfast this morning (though I have a hunch it was chocolate chip oatmeal cookies).
Fine! I will participate in this silly New Year’s tradition, but dammit I’m not doing it until January 2nd.
1. Measure flour properly for cakes.
2. Walk Cody everyday, no matter how unpleasant the weather.
3. Hold the beau to his Running With Cody resolution. (Hopefully all of this exercise will prevent that dog from eating another couch.)
4. Finish Mosquito Fog and have it on the market before summer.
5. Finish Fear Of Poetry and have it on the market before Mosquito Fog.
6. Better management of social media. (Less fiddling on Facebook and Twitter endlessly)
7. Keep the Christmas tree up until January 6th, but down before June 1st.
And there you have it!
Happy New Year folks!